Chet’s Termite & Pest Management, Inc has been owner-operated since 1980 right here in the Armenia Gardens area of Tampa. Our community and surrounding communities have been great at supporting our company for the last 38 years, so this year, we have decided to give back to our community by offering our 1st ever Chet Rowland Scholarship Fund in an effort to continue to make our communities the best places to work, live and play.
We are offering a $1,000 scholarship to a student who is currently demonstrating his or her commitment to community service and who has been accepted to a university, community college, or trade school. All you need to do is submit a 500-word essay telling us how you are helping to improve your community.
We are not setting any criteria on how or what you are doing to better your community, we just want to hear YOUR story. With so many good things happening in the nation, we want to encourage more young adults to get involved and make a difference.
The deadline for entry is December 1, 2019. All applicants must submit a 500-word essay about their contribution to the community or volunteer service and how that service impacted the quality of their community.
The scholarship winner will be selected based on his or her community service as described in the essay; academic achievement, including a minimum of a 2.5 GPA; and recommendations from teachers, advisors, employers or other community organizers.
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2019, before midnight. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded on January 18, 2020.
- Any U.S. resident accepted to a community college, university, or trade school.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
Requirements for the Winning Applicant
Prior to awarding the scholarship, the selected winner must:
- Provide proof of enrollment in school.
- Provide proof of a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation from a professor, teacher, employer or community organizer.
- Provide a letter, certificate/completion, or other document confirming community service participation.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below
- Attach your 500-word essay to the form
- Submit your application by December 1, 2019